Monday, June 1, 2009

The Divine Drops

Well,Persuing B.Tech from a distant college,Train Journey,Summer and Sleeper Class.When these deadly conditions unite,make a forecasting that your journey is going to be memorable,in a bitter sense.Engineering Courses are most unpredictable.Clouds of Tutorials,Extra Class,Survey,Camps,Training Programs always make the sky of Schedule gray.

As we have a survey camp course this summer,the final departure date was uncertain and as a result,the D-day of reserving a scarce seat in the train to home went on postponing.After much discussion with the professors,A final survey date was decided.But due to loss of time,Railways has got other commuters for its so called Air Conditioned Compartment and I had to satisfy myself with a Sleeper seat.I had to travel a long journey from Jalandhar to Ahmedabad.

A Contagion of Mirth was gripped in me,for I was going home.But this happiness was ephemeral. On the day of Journey Sun,much against my wishes,decided to be grateful.Soon I was sweat bucketing and my skin continued to drain as if the dams of my sweat glands have collapsed.I went straight to the upper seat with a book but soon fell asleep.Around 6 :00 in the evening,I felt noises and foot sounds,which is a sign that train has halted to a station.The Station was Bhatinda(remember Jab We Met?).I found that I had discharged much of sweat and hence I was yearning for a water pool.I rummaged and snached the water bottle,clinched its neck to the mouth and Ahh! Expectorated ! The Water was boiling like hell.Thanks Goodness,the train was still static.Relegated to the Platform,Searched for the blue eyed water boy but nowhere he was found(Absent ! I understood why professors disgrunt when we don't go to class).I trotted to the Water basins painted bold with-"Cold Water".But no success again(The Govt. Is looting us in the name of basic amenities).I was devastated.I was dying for cold water.
Water Water Everywhere,Not a single drop to drink.

Then,A Miracle happened.The Corustrating Angels of God landed on Earth.Men in White.Men in Blue.Men with Saffron Band.Men with wide head.Men with a Jar of Cool Water.Men doing Social Work.
Actually,During my two years stay in Punjab,I have cursed Punjabis for their flaunting nature and careless ideosyncrasies.But this was the first thing good I found in Punjab.Punjab has a tradition of gifting thirsty with cool water.The Men were not sage,nor workers.They belonged to working class echelons that did the apex social work of providing water to the thirsty travellers.One of them,saw me frustrated for water,and aked-Do you need Cold Water?
I nodded at once and he poured in.And thus I got another life with those DIVINE DROPS.
BJP,teach yourself from these Punjabis.Building a temple will not do any good.A Temple Construction is not a common man is looking forward too.He wishes another religion called Social Religion.
I resurrected myself with those eleemosynary drops.Now I see those Men with reverence.

No comments:

Post a Comment