Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 6,Dalhousie:The Curse of being Enchanted...

The Sun arose in the sky with trepidation, as if it has inherited our mood. I woke up at 7am when Anant was still in his dreams. I gave him a subtle push to wake up. Then I went for the showers, for against the mundane days, the bathrooms were not occupied. As I got ready, Anant bestowed me with his bizarre whim. He said that we should straight away rush to the church in Gandhi-Chowk at noon, as he thought it to be the holy site where we would sight our ENCHANTRESS again. Moreover, that we might be able to see her again was the thing that my Heart whispered too.

We ate our breakfast and headed for our surveying work. After completing the theodolite work, we had a new task today. Plane Table surveying. My Group headed out with our equipments for the Station.I spearheaded to draw Dalhousie onto the paper. Navjot,Manjeet,Nishesh and Jhanvi took the measurements. Lokesh who advocated for NIYANTRAN(discipline) in the group at the starting was slowly losing Niyantran himself. The dormant Vishal assisted in a general way while Angad was pleased with his Geddas !(Through his Geddas he helped us a lot).Though the starting was slow,we soon covered up until we reached station-1.Station 1 consisted in drawing the whole Youth Hostel and involved fastidious drawings. Moreover, we were confused over our basic concepts. It ate our precious four hours and we packed up at half-done Station 2.

The Clock showed 5pm and I had not forgotten the plan. Therefore I waited for Aayush and Anant to come back.When they arrived,I clutched my DG Cam and announced that if we sight our enchantress again then we'll have a snap with her for sure(don't know why I did that).Anant too backed my idea and we headed out. Savouring Pani-Puri at Subhash Chowk, we reached the Church at Gandhi Chowk. The same church where our heart dreamt to embrace the beauty again. There we prayed our individual silent prayers and then waited. Waited for the Enchantress. Waited for our whim to prove itself correct.

But sometimes, what we yearn for need not fulfill itself. Thinking that 'sometime' to be this time, we came out of the church. To play the last resort, we carried ourselves to the Tibetan Market, coz like yesterday she might visit Tibetan market again. But No success.
Feeling like being failed, we rambled to the Airforce Area diverting uphill from the heart of Gandhi Chowk. After some stroll, we felt it's not worth to go more and hence we descended. As we reached Gandhi Chowk, ALAS!

She was there. Our Enchantress has returned. I could not believe my eyes and asked Anant to confirm(I was confused as she had used make-up today unlike yesterday).Aayush and Anant jumped. Yes, there she was. A beauty unparalleled. And then Anant went mad as if not able to bear her pulchritude anymore, as if she now controlled him. He trotted behind her clutching my palms. As we reached near her flagrant circle, She was treating herself with Pani-Puri. Then, I remembered a principle which governs every girl. A Girl would never agree to prison herself into a stranger's camera (Coz then a devil called Photoshop do exist).I tried to explain them this thing but then Aayush tantalized that-"Teri phat rahi hai" ! By then, seeing our chaotic moves, she build a bad impression into her mind for us(I am just guessing !)

But when I saw her going away,I succumbed to her power too. This was the CURSE OF BEING ENCHANTED .I signaled Anant-Yes ! And we rushed to the shop where the beauty was standing, Anant leading the torch. As we reached, we sighted Navjot. Anant asked her to say to our Enchantress that we three have got a dare (Remember the Game-Truth n dare?) to have a snap with her. She went to her and spoke the same. Then Anant said-"Would you please mind being clicked"? But missing a villain in our cute story, It seemed as if her mother appointed herself for the role. She grimaced at our request with a horrible face but we waited for the girl to say something (For our request was with her and not with her mother!).We waited for an impossible Yes, challenging her own mother's decision.

But then our heart broke as she went with her mother's decision and signaled a NO!.We retreated and went away from her. We, the three broken heart bearers, were gloomy now and were pacing ourselves to the hostel. Thus, a shadow followed between the adored and the adorer (We three).The Adorers never now wished to see their adoration again though they would not cease to embrace her. The Curse now was broken.

This was the story of the Enchantress of Dalhousie. But the Story of Dalhousie do not ends....It continues....

1 comment:

  1. cooooool.. i got totally mad dat day but she was worth it .

    ReplyDelete